Uppmax Intro Course (August 2015)
|Name||Uppmax Intro Course (August 2015)|
|Description||Introduction course for new users of Uppmax systems|
|Type of event||Course|
The course provides an introduction to the high-performance computing (HPC) environment offered at Uppmax. The course provides an overview of how the systems work and covers skills from basic Linux usage to advanced tips and tricks.
Many of the concepts discussed in the course will also apply to systems hosted at other HPC centres in Sweden (SNIC) or beyond (e.g. Prace). Participation is open to all existing and prospective users of HPC from Swedish institutions.
- An introduction to the Linux environment at Uppmax
- An overview of the Uppmax systems
- How to access the systems and utilise the system software
- The purpose of the different file systems and how to manage data
- The principles of the queue system and how to submit and manage jobs
- General concepts in Linux
- Intro to Python's syntax and environment
- Scripting in bash and python