From SNIC Documentation
This page provides an overview on high performance computed related training available to users and personnel of the SNIC.
Training events offered or supported by SNIC
|Start date||End date||Event type||Location||Description|
|C3SE Introductory Seminar October 18 2017||2458044.518 October 2017||2458044.518 October 2017||Seminar||Göteborg||Seminar for new users at C3SE, describing how to use our systems|
|MPI (Lunarc October 2017)||2458050.524 October 2017||2458052.526 October 2017||Course||Lund (Lunarc)||An introduction to parallel programming using MPI|
|NSC introduction day (Linköping, October 2017)||2458051.525 October 2017||2458051.525 October 2017||Course||Linköping (NSC)||Introduction to using NSC resources|
|Cluster architecture and job submission (Lunarc, October 2017)||2458057.531 October 2017||2458057.531 October 2017||Seminar||Lund (Lunarc)||Cluster architecture and job submission|
|Using Matlab in an HPC environment (Lunarc, October 2017)||2458064.57 November 2017||2458064.57 November 2017||Seminar||Lund (Lunarc)||Using Matlab in an HPC environment|
|CodeRefinery Workshop on Sustainable Scientific Software Development (November 2017)||2458064.57 November 2017||2458066.59 November 2017||Course||Linköping||Teaching researchers in sustainable software development|
|Schrödinger materials science suite workshop (Linköping, November 2017)||2458073.516 November 2017||2458073.516 November 2017||Workshop||Linköping (NSC)||Workshop on using the Schrödinger materials science suite with Quantum Espresso|
|Computational Chemistry Course - MD Simulations, HPC2N, 20 November 2017||2458077.520 November 2017||2458077.520 November 2017||Course||Umeå||Course: Computational Chemistry - MD Simulations (NAMD)|
|C3SE Introductory Seminar November 21 2017||2458078.521 November 2017||2458078.521 November 2017||Seminar||Göteborg||Seminar for new users at C3SE, describing how to use our systems|
|Commercial engineering software (Lund, Nov 2017)||2458078.521 November 2017||2458078.521 November 2017||Seminar||Lund (Lunarc)||Using commercial engineering software in an HPC environment|
|Transfering data (Lund, Nov 2017)||2458085.528 November 2017||2458085.528 November 2017||Seminar||Lund (Lunarc)||Transfering data to and from an HPC system|
|MPI (PDC December 2017)||2458098.511 December 2017||2458100.513 December 2017||Course||Stockholm||Writing parallel applications using MPI|
An overview on training events offered in the past is available from the past training events page.
Training offered by other providers
- SeSE provides courses in the field of e-Science for PhD-students within the Swedish academia.
- PDC and SeSE have an annual summerschool at the end of August.
- The NeIC training calendar provides an overview on training available in the Nordic area.
- The Prace training portal provides an overview on the training offers available from PRACE. These include course, tutorials and slide sets from past events.
- HLRS in Germany, in cooperation with other German HPC centres overs an extensive HPC training program. See the HLRS website for the 2015 program. Some courses are offered in English while others use German as the teaching language.
- The CodeRefinery project delivers workshops and events to train Nordic research groups in state-of-the-art tools and practices in modern collaborative software engineering to build modular, reusable, maintainable, sustainable, reproducible, and robust software.
Community specific training
- The Science for Life Laboratory (SciLifeLab) provides training courses focused on molecular biosciences.
Online training material
|Data Management Seminar Online||Data management seminar recording|
|SNIC Science Cloud Workshop Material||Material for technical training and workshops hosted by SNIC Science Cloud.|
- SNIC coordinated training project page.