Introducton to OpenMP/MPI, HPC2N, 26 March 2018
|Name||Introducton to OpenMP/MPI, HPC2N, 26 March 2018|
|Description||Course: Introduction to OpenMP and MPI at HPC2N in Umeå|
|Type of event||Course|
The purpose of this course is to give a short overview of the most important aspects of OpenMP and MPI. The first half of the day will be focused on OpenMP and the second half of the day on MPI. There will also be a part on how to use profiling tools (VTune) to optimize your code.
- Short intro to HPC2N, running a batch job
- Parallel for loops
- Mutual exclusion (locks, barriers)
- Variables (private, shared, firstprivate)
- Parallel programming - distributed memory
- Getting started with MPI / Parallelizing through Message Passing
- Basic MPI routines
Participations is free. Lunch and coffee will be provided.
Course web page and registration
For more information and registration refer to the Course webpage