Using Python in an HPC environment, September 2022, UPPMAX/HPC2N
|Name||Using Python in an HPC environment, September 2022, UPPMAX/HPC2N|
|Description||Using Python in an HPC environment|
|Type of event||Workshop|
|Location||Umeå, Uppsala (ONLINE)|
UPPMAX and HPC2N are organising a joint workshop on how to run Python codes and install additional Python packages on the computer resources provided by these two HPC centres. Participants are encouraged to bring their particular software request for discussion as well.
The goal for the course is that you will be able to:
- Load Python modules and site-installed Python packages
- Create a virtual environment
- Install Python packages with pip (Kebnekaise, Rackham, Snowy)
- Install Python packages with conda (Bianca)
- Write batch scripts for running Python
- Use Python in parallel
- Use Python for ML
- Use GPUs with Python
NOTE: The course is online, using Zoom.
Prerequisites: familiarity with the Linux command line, basic Python, and batch jobs.
Course web page and registration
For more information and registration refer to either of these