This page provides an overview on high performance computed related training available to users and personnel of the SNIC.
Training events offered or supported by SNIC
|Start date||End date||Event type||Location||Description|
|UPPMAX Introductory Course, August 16-19, 2022||16 August 2022||19 August 2022||Course||Uppsala (HYBRID)||UPPMAX Introductory Course|
|Awk workshop (UPPMAX, August 2022)||29 August 2022||30 August 2022||Workshop||Uppsala (hybrid)||Awk Workshop|
|Using Python in an HPC environment, September 2022, UPPMAX/HPC2N||9 September 2022||9 September 2022||Workshop||Umeå, Uppsala (ONLINE)||Using Python in an HPC environment|
|An introduction to UNIX/LINUX, September 2022||14 September 2022||14 September 2022||Seminar||Online, organised by LUNARC||An introduction to the UNIX/LINUX command line|
|Introduction to Kebnekaise, 2022-09-15, HPC2N/UmU||15 September 2022||15 September 2022||Course||Umeå||Introduction to Kebnekaise|
|Basic Singularity workshop (UPPMAX/HPC2N, September 28)||28 September 2022||28 September 2022||Workshop||Umeå, Uppsala (hybrid)||Basic Singularity workshop|
An overview on training events offered in the past is available from the past training events page.
Training offered by other providers
- SeSE provides courses in the field of e-Science for PhD-students within the Swedish academia.
- PDC and SeSE have an annual summerschool at the end of August.
- The Prace training portal provides an overview on the training offers available from PRACE. These include course, tutorials and slide sets from past events.
- HLRS in Germany, in cooperation with other German HPC centres overs an extensive HPC training program. See the HLRS website for the 2015 program. Some courses are offered in English while others use German as the teaching language.
Community specific training
- The Science for Life Laboratory (SciLifeLab) provides training courses focused on molecular biosciences.
- SNIC coordinated training project page.