Difference between revisions of "Help:Editing policies"
|(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)|
Latest revision as of 18:31, 28 September 2011
This page contains information on how one should edit this wiki, eg: best practices, protocols, templates and the like.
These pages are a highly recommended read:
- Recommendations for editors
- How to configure your account and to make sure your information gets displayed correctly.
- Oh God how does any of this work (Tutorial)
- Quickly get up to speed with adding content. Has a nifty Self-education section that helps you discover exactly how things work around here.
- Content policy
- What goes onto the wiki and what does not.
- Naming protocol
- How to choose and spell names, terms, titles and the like.
- Creating pages
- Helpful guides to creating pages. Contains nifty stuff with templates and examples that will reduce the amount of work you'll have to do.
- Example pages
- Your first stop for creating pages.
- Categories and properties
- What they are, how they are used, and how to create new ones.
- Editing help
- Help with syntax, formatting and other practicalities.
This site has a lot of dynamically generated content, making heavy use of templates and the semantic mediawiki extension. If anything looks broken or incorrect, please use the corresponding talk page to notify the person responsible. If all else fails, please notify User_talk:Joel Hedlund (NSC).