Revision as of 20:55, 27 June 2011 by Joel Hedlund (NSC) (Created page with "This page lists guidelines for creating new pages on the snicdocs wiki. == Guidelines for creating new pages == ;Ensure that you have [[#Set up your watch lists and notification...")
This page lists guidelines for creating new pages on the snicdocs wiki.
Guidelines for creating new pages
- Ensure that you have set up your watch preferences and notifications correctly.
- Watch all pages that you create. Unwatched pages rot and we do not want that.
- Look at the example pages
- These are in the proper layout and use all the nifty templates for getting all the required information right. Chances are that much of the tedious work has already been done for you.
- Put some deep thought into the choice of page title.
- This is a wiki, so it matters a lot. See the relevant example pages for more details. Read the naming policies for titles, headings and names so you get it right.
- Create the talk page
- Also called the Discussion page. As this wiki is not open for unauthenticated editing other than through the talk pages, these are our primary form of input from the general public.
Page examples, designs and templates
The examples and designs are all here:
along with motivation on why you should not call them
templates (because mediawiki has called dibs on that term).