Awk workshop (UPPMAX, August 2022)
|Name||Awk workshop (UPPMAX, August 2022)|
|Type of event||Workshop|
AWK is an interpreted programming language designed for text processing and typically used as a data extraction and reporting tool.
This two-days workshop aims to promote and demonstrate the flexibility of the tool, where the overhead of more sophisticated approaches and programming languages is not worth the bother.
Learn how to
- use Awk as an advanced grep command, capable of arithmetic selection rules with control over the content of the matched lines
- perform simple conversions, analysis or filter you data on the fly making it easy to plot or read in your favorite research tool
- handle and take advantage of data split over multiple file data sets
- use Awk as simple function or data generator
- perform simple sanity checks on your results
The workshop aims to promote the awk tool for use in everyday research work and urges you to find solutions yourself rather than expecting ready-made ones. Thus, the material given during the seminar will not be a complete guide or a manual. The purpose of the workshop is to give an overview of the capabilities of the awk language and to underline some of its particular strengths as well as its disadvantages.
Venue: Zoom + campus Polacksbacken, Uppsala, https://link.mazemap.com/2hAZSCdp.
For more information and registration, please visit: https://uppmax.uu.se/support-sv/courses-and-workshops/awk-workshop.