Apply for storage on Swestore
The SweStore nationally accessible storage is available for researchers financed by VR (which includes all researchers using SNIC compute resources) and FORMA.
SweStore is also in collaboration with ECDS, SND, Bioimage, BILS, UPPNEX,WLCG, Naturhistoriska Riksmuseet. If any of these cover your research area, first read their information on applying for SweStore storage.
If you are a member of an UPPNEX project on UPPMAX, an iRODS service is already available and configured for you, please see http://www.uppmax.uu.se/faq/how-to-move-files-to-swestore-using-irods for more information on how to use it.
Unless you are instructed otherwise, submit an application to SweStore as outlined below.
Send an email to email@example.com
Please include the following information in the application:
- Whether you want regular SweStore storage (based on dCache) or the new iRODS based storage.
- If you apply for iRODS-storage: please provide a shipping address to where your yubikey should be sent.
- Name of the principal investigator (PI), including email address.
- Purpose for the storage: A short description of the project and type of data.
- Required storage capacity: Preferably a maximum size, but if this is not currently determinable, please calculate a starting size and expansion by time period. NOTE that applications larger than 10TB takes longer to process.
- Suggested project name: This will be used as root directory name for your storage.
- NOTE that this name is long-lived and will persist. It is not coupled to the lifetime of SNIC compute time allocations.
- We recommend a project name not tied to a person.
- Additionally, we recommend that the name is not a common word or term easily confusable with other current or future research efforts.
- It is a good idea to select a name that's short and easy to type.
- The name is limited to lower-case letters a-z, digits 0-9, hyphens - and underscores _.